Use the list below to select a South Carolina county and learn more about teen pregnancy statistics across the state.
South Carolina County Data Sources
- Teen Birth Data: Data Source: Department of Health and Environment Control, S.C. Community Assessment Network (SCAN), Infant Mortality Module: http://scangis.dhec.sc.gov/scan/
- National Teen Birth Data: Data Source: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), National Center for Health Statistics, National Vital Statistics Report: https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr66/nvsr66_01.pdf
- Teen sexual behavior data: Data Source: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Youth Risk Behavior Survey.
- Women in Need of Publicly Funded Family Planning Services: Data Source: U.S. Census Bureau, Guttmacher Institute, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Federal Communication
- Teens Not Enrolled in School and Not Employed: Data Source: Population Reference Bureau, analysis of data from the U.S. Census Bureau, 2008-2015 American Community Survey.
- Percent living in poverty: Data Source: U.S. Census Bureau, Small Area Income and Poverty Estimates (SAIPE) 1993-2015, Census 1980, and Census 1990.
- Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI) data: Data Source: South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control: http://www.scdhec.gov/Health/docs/stdhiv/Surveillance%20Report%202015.pdf. County specific data available from DHEC by request.