Founded in 1994, the South Carolina Campaign to Prevent Teen Pregnancy works throughout the state of South Carolina, with the professional staff of nearly 180 organizations, to carry out its mission to improve the health and economic well-being of individuals, communities, and the state of South Carolina by preventing teen pregnancy. It takes a dedicated and committed group of individuals and team members to successfully complete the daily work and achieve the overall mission of the SC Campaign.
Research and Evaluation Manager
Under limited supervision, the Research and Evaluation Manager provides leadership, supervision and management for the Research and Evaluation team. The Research and Evaluation team (2‐4 staff) is responsible for supporting the SC Campaign’s use of research, evaluation and data to inform program development and continuous quality improvement of teen pregnancy prevention interventions.
As needed, the manager identifies appropriate tools and assessments for evaluation projects with the Health Services and Communications/Operations Departments to support organization‐wide, data‐driven decision‐making.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the evaluation of SC Campaign grants/projects and as such provide oversight of all evaluation protocols, data collection/entry/analysis, and assists with report writing. Ensure an even distribution of these tasks within research and evaluation staff.
- Develop IRB proposals when necessary and manage all aspects of the IRB process to ensure compliance with research criteria and standards.
- Identify opportunities to contract with external evaluation consultants to complete grant deliverables and/or to support research activities; coordinate the development of realistic, time based contracts to ensure high quality product(s) with the Grants and Contracts Manager.
- Supervise the work of Research and Evaluation team members, including regularly scheduled individual and team meetings, and completion of performance reviews.
- Oversee Research and Evaluation budgets to ensure funds are used appropriately.
- Work closely with the Community Grants Manager to; 1) provide ongoing TA on all aspects of evaluation to local programs as needed; 2) prepare resource material on evaluation for local programs; 3) assist in the evaluation and tracking of all Technical Assistance activities using FileMaker Pro
- Master’s degree or Ph.D. in Public Health or related field, with at least five years’ of experience conducting research and evaluation including both quantitative and qualitative experience.
- Three to five years’ experience managing evaluation projects and supervising staff.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to include evaluation related publications and presentations.
- Federal grant writing experience and record of receiving grant awards as part of an organization/team.
- Submit letter of interest and resume detailing education, experience, and other pertinent information to: Campaignjobs@teenpregnancysc.org, Attn: Doug Taylor, MPH, Director, Community Programs and Evaluation
- Above materials must be received by 5:00 pm on October 5, 2018.
- The SC Campaign offers a competitive salary and benefits package.