2014 Kids Count Data Book Released
Wednesday, July 30, 2014
The 2014 Kids Count Data Book, sponsored by the Annie E. Casey Foundation, highlighting state-by-state data around issues affecting children like education, health, poverty, and safety. Here are some statistics from Kids Count (source: Children's Trust of South Carolina).
- South Carolina ranks 45th in the nation for overall child well being.
- From 2010-2012, 57% of SC children didn't attend preschool.
- In 2013, 72% of SC fourth graders were not proficient in reading.
- In 2013, 69% of SC eighth graders were not proficient in math.
- In 2012, 27% of SC children were living in poverty.