Reproductive Health 101 (Aiken/Orangeburg)
Get a general overview of the SC Campaign to Prevent Teen Pregnancy and core concepts related to reproductive health as it relates to teen pregnancy prevention in South Carolina.
Participants will learn how to:
- Describe reproductive biology in a teen-friendly way.
- Describe the link between brain development, hormones, physical maturation, sexual exploration, and teen pregnancy
- List the most common barrier and hormonal contraceptives used by teens and summarize how they work.
- Describe symptoms and treatments for common bacterial and viral sexually transmitted infections & diseases, including HIV/AIDS.
- Identify personal values and the impact of those values on their ability to effectively teach about adolescent sexuality issues.
- Identify guidelines for answering sensitive questions regarding sexuality, HIV, STDs, and adolescent pregnancy prevention.
Presented by: Sarah Kershner and Chris Rollison, Pee Dee Coordinator and Technical Assistance Coordinator of the South Carolina Campaign to Prevent Teen Pregnancy
Byrd Learning Center
1 Willis Circle
Graniteville, SC 29829