Reproductive Health 101
This is a closed onsite training. If you are interested in attending, please contact Training Coordinator Shannon Lindsay at email@example.com. To request an onsite training for your staff click here or check back for future open dates.
Reproductive Health 101 provides the participant with a general overview core concepts related to reproductive health as it relates to teen pregnancy prevention in South Carolina. Topics covered include Reproductive Anatomy and Physiology, Adolescent Growth and Development, HIV/STIs, Contraceptive technology, and provides strategies for teaching comprehensive sexuality education that meet the standards set forth by the Comprehensive Health Education Act (CHEA).
As a result of participating in this training, participants will be able to:
- Describe reproductive biology in a teen-friendly way.
- Describe the link between brain development, hormones, physical maturation, sexual exploration, and teen pregnancy.
- List the most common barrier and hormonal contraceptives used by teens and summarize how they work.
- Describe symptoms and treatments for common bacterial and viral sexually transmitted infections & diseases, including HIV/AIDS.
- Identify personal values and the impact of those values on their ability to effectively teach about adolescent sexuality issues.
- Identify guidelines for answering sensitive questions regarding sexuality, HIV, STDs, and adolescent pregnancy prevention.
Trainers: Dana Becker, M.Ed. and Shannon Lindsay, MA
Cost: $65 (discount available for grantees and funded partners)
SC Campaign Office
1331 Elmwood Avenue, Suite 140
Columbia, SC 29201