Reproductive Health 101
Reproductive Health 101 provides the participant with a general overview core concepts related to reproductive health as it relates to teen pregnancy prevention in South Carolina. Topics covered include Reproductive Anatomy and Physiology, Adolescent Growth and Development, HIV/STIs, Contraceptive technology, and provides strategies for teaching comprehensive sexuality education that meet the standards set forth by the Comprehensive Health Education Act (CHEA).
As a result of participating in this training, participants will be able to:
- Describe reproductive biology in a teen-friendly way.
- Describe the link between brain development, hormones, physical maturation, sexual exploration, and teen pregnancy.
- List the most common barrier and hormonal contraceptives used by teens and summarize how they work.
- Describe symptoms and treatments for common bacterial and viral sexually transmitted infections & diseases, including HIV/AIDS.
- Identify personal values and the impact of those values on their ability to effectively teach about adolescent sexuality issues.
- Identify guidelines for answering sensitive questions regarding sexuality, HIV, STDs, and adolescent pregnancy prevention.
Cost: $65 (discount available for grantees and funded partners)
Byrd Learning Center
1 Willis Circle
Graniteville, SC 29829