OAH Webinar | Laws, Legislation, and Policies That Support Expectant and Parenting Teens, Women, Fathers, and Their Families
In this webinar, participants will learn about federal efforts that support and protect the rights of expectant or parenting young people and their families, such as Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, and the Child Care Access Means Parents in School Program (CCAMPIS). The webinar will also discuss how some states are using laws and policies to protect the rights and promote the health of these groups, as well as strategies for education and enhancing awareness of laws and policies among parenting youth for them to be informed and empowered.
At the conclusion of this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Define and distinguish (1) law, (2) legislation, and (3) policy;
- Identify at least three federal or state laws that support expectant and parenting teens, women, fathers, and their families;
- Summarize at least two state-level laws or policies that support these groups; and
- List at least two strategies for educating and creating awareness among parenting youth about relevant laws, legislation, and policies that protect and/or provide support.
Webinar Access Information
- Call-in number: 877-918-3010
- Audio participation passcode: 1771633
- Online access: https://www.mymeetings.com/nc/join.php?i=PWXW7252063&p=1771633&t=c