Making a Difference (MAD)
Onsite Training | This training will introduce you to a research-proven curricula — Making a Difference! and will provide you with the skills necessary to implement the curriculum with youth. The curricula is an integrated (teen pregnancy and HIV) prevention program consisting of eight one-hour modules for middle school youth. The curricula emphasize abstinence as the safest and best choice for adolescents. Making a Difference! emphasizes that young adolescents should postpone sexual activity and provides intensive educational strategies to help them do so. Throughout this training, you will learn how to become facilitators of Making a Difference!
As a participant, you will learn how to:
- Understand the objectives, content, activities, components, and unique features of the Making a Difference! (MAD) Curricula.
- Understand the theoretical foundation of MAD and how they are applied in program activities.
- Understand the teaching methodologies used in MAD.
- Identify their own values and the impact of those values on their ability to effectively teach about adolescent sexuality issues.
- Identify guidelines for answering sensitive questions regarding sexuality, HIV, STDs, and adolescent pregnancy prevention.
Trainers: Chris Rollison and Andrea Heyward, MHS, MCHES
Bluffton High School
12 H. E. McCracken Circle
Bluffton, SC 29910
This is a closed onsite training. Please click here to request an onsite training for your staff or check back for future open dates.