Designing and Evaluating with Intent
The goals of this two-day training are to (1) increase the capacity of participants to develop BDI Logic Models for the purpose of designing programs to reduce adolescent sexual risk-taking behaviors and (2) to evaluate the effectiveness of adolescent reproductive health programs.
At the completion of Day 1, participants will be able to:
- Describe at least two reasons why logic models are useful program development tools;
- Create a BDI Logic Model using the following skills:
- Describe the four steps used to develop a BDI Logic Model (Health Goal, Behaviors, Determinants, Interventions);
- Identify the risk and protective factors that are likely to have an impact on the sexual risk-taking behaviors of the youth they serve;
- Identify risk and protective factors that are also amenable to change given their organization’s resources;
- Identify intervention activities that are likely to affect at least one of the risk and protective factors identified in Objective 2c.
- Identify at least two resources that will inform the selection of intervention activities to influence the risk and protective factors they choose to include in their logic models;
At the completion of Day 2, participants will be able to:
- Explain how a completed logic model (or other program planning framework) serves as a guide in developing a program evaluation plan;
- Write process, outcome and impact objective statements;
- Identify at least three types of evaluation designs and select an evaluation design for a mock program evaluation;
- Identify at least two types of quantitative and two types of qualitative measurement methods and select measurement methods appropriate for a mock program evaluation;
- Describe at least three characteristics of a good survey;
- Identify the components of a program evaluation report; and
- Prepare an oral presentation of a program evaluation report.
Trainers: Rena Dixon, Amanda Leeson, Nell Fuller, and Amber Watson
Cost: $120 (discounts available for grantees and funded partners)
SC Campaign Office
1331 Elmwood Avenue, Suite 140
Columbia, SC 29201