Contraceptive Leadership Summit 2019
Join over 100 health care leaders from across South Carolina for our 4th annual Contraceptive Leadership Summit. This Summit will address challenges and build on progress to establish systems to support healthcare providers in addressing the contraceptive needs of adolescents and young adults. We will offer CME’s and General CEU.
Highlighted Sessions Include:
- Contraceptive Counseling
- Recommendations for HIV Care for family planning
- Working with Sexual Assault Survivors in Reproductive Care
- Minors Rights and Reproductive Health Care
**Travel assistance for lodging and milage is available for South Carolina residents. Read full Travel Assistance Policy below.**
Registration ends October 15th!
Agenda at a Glance:
Friday, October 25, 2019
8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Registration
9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Power Sessions
1:30 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. Keynote, Eric Rowles, The Secret Life of Bees
3:00 p.m. - 3:45 p.m. Keynote Speaker, Wendy Nakatsukasa-Ono, Shared Equity in Contraceptive Care
4:00 p.m. - 4:45 p.m. Keynote: Tanya Bass, MPH, CHES, The Historical Context of Health Bias
4:45 p.m. - 5:45 p.m. Keynote Session, Cornell Wright, MPA, Addressing Health Disparities in Contraceptive Care Delivery
6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. Networking Reception
Saturday, October 26, 2019
8:00 a.m. - 10 a.m. Registration
8:30 a.m. - 8:45 a.m. Opening Remarks
8:45 a.m. - 9:30 a.m. Integrating HIV Prevention Update: Sponsored by Gilead & HPV Vaccine Education Tips: Sponsored by Merck
9:45 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. Concurrent Sessions
11:15 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. Concurrent Sessions
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 803.771.7700.
**Travel Assistance Policy**
To be eligible, participants must request travel assistance, and complete registration form by September 30, 2019.
- Fact Forward encourages organizations to send multiple staff members to its meetings and conferences, however Fact Forward will provide travel and lodging assistance for a maximum of two people per organization per meeting/conference. The travel assistance is not guaranteed for every applicant. This policy helps ensure that Fact Forward's limited funds support meeting and conference attendance for as many member organizations as possible.
- Travel assistance recipients are responsible for working with Fact Forward's Health Services Specialist, Yajaira Maldonado, for any approval documents and reimbursements. All receipts and documentation will need to be submitted to Yajaira Maldonado no later than November 28th 2019 in order to get reimbursed. Mileage will be reimbursement according to the IRS $0.58 per mile. Fact forward will not provide reimbursements for the following items: food, travel insurance, flights, baggage fees, hotel early check out or cancellation fees, incidentals, parking, mileage reimbursement to and from airports, or traveling in an official company vehicle.
- Travel assistance will cover recipient’s hotel accommodations which will be provided by Fact Forward group block. Hotel information will be provided in your registration confirmation email after application for assistance its approved. All registrations and travel assistance applications should be completed by September 30th 2019. No travel assistance applications will be reviewed after September 30th 2019. Fact Forward reserves the right to deny any travel and/or lodging assistance after the application deadline.
- Travel and lodging recipients who fail to attend the meeting/conference will be responsible for reimbursing Fact Forward for the full cost hotel fees, including cancellation fees, no-show penalties, or early check out fees. Travel and lodging recipients will also be responsible for the costs in any reservation changes they request.
Please direct any questions regarding travel assistance to Yajaira Maldonado Health Services Support Specialist at email@example.com