(Cancelled) Be Proud! Be Responsible! (BPBR) Training of Facilitators
***IMPORTANT: This traning has been cancelled and will be rescheduled at a later date.***
This training will introduce participants to a research proven curriculum – Be Proud! Be Responsible! Strategies to Empower Youth to Reduce Their Risk for HIV/AIDS – and will provide the skills necessary to implement the curriculum with youth. The curriculum consists of six, one-hour modules targeting adolescents of all socio-economic and racial backgrounds, ages 13-18 who attend high schools and youth-serving community based programs. Be Proud! Be Responsible! takes a comprehensive approach to adolescent SEX and HIV/STD education, including both information on abstinence and condoms. Throughout this two-day training, participants will learn how to become effective facilitators of the curriculum while learning tips for answering sensitive questions and how to identify potential barriers to implementing this evidence-based program.
As a participant, you will learn how to:
- Understand the objectives, content, activities, and unique features of the Be Proud! Be Responsible! Curriculum.
- Understand the theoretical foundation of the Be Proud! Be Responsible! Curriculum and how they are applied in program activities.
- Understand the teaching methodologies used in the Be Proud! Be Responsible! Curriculum.
- Learn basic information relating to HIV, STDs, adolescent pregnancy prevention, and adolescent sexual development.
- Demonstrate teaching condom use, problem solving, and negotiation skills.
- Identify personal values and the impact of those values on their ability to effectively teach about adolescent sexuality issues.
- Identify guidelines for answering sensitive questions regarding sexuality, HIV, STDs, and adolescent pregnancy prevention.
- Identify potential barriers to implementing the Be Proud! Be Responsible! Curriculum and describe strategies for overcoming those barriers.
Cost: $120 - lunch included (discount available for SC Campaign funded partners)
Trainers: Chris Rollison and Meredith Talford, MPH, CHES
SC Campaign Training Room
1331 Elmwood Avenue, Suite 140
Columbia, SC 29201