We're collaborating with the Richland County Library to make our Askable Adult workshop accessable to as many people as possible! Sign up to attend the upcoming workshop below.
Providing care and support to teens to make healthy decisions can be a challenging job. This workshop is designed for teen-serving professionals to improve their communication skills in supporting adolescents’ healthy decisions. Every moment with a teen is precious; this workshop is designed to ensure those rare moments are positive encounters that have the most benefit for the teen. Never miss an opportunity – know the techniques that will have the biggest impact!
- Describe the role of an Askable Adult.
- Describe reproductive biology in a teen-friendly way.
- Describe the link between brain development, hormones, physical maturation, sexual exploration, and teen pregnancy.
- Describe how trauma can impact a young person’s behavior and communication skills.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills between adults and teens about contraception, safer sex, and other sexuality issues.
If you’re interested in registering for this workshop, call (803)-988-0891.