Askable Adult: Talking with Teens about Tough Topics
Providing care and support to teens to make healthy decisions can be a challenging job. This workshop is designed for teen-serving professionals to improve their communication skills in supporting adolescents’ healthy decisions. Every moment with a teen is precious; this workshop is designed to ensure those rare moments are positive encounters that have the most benefit for the teen. Never miss an opportunity – know the techniques that will have the biggest impact!
- Describe the role of an Askable Adult.
- Describe reproductive biology in a teen-friendly way.
- Describe the link between brain development, hormones, physical maturation, sexual exploration, and teen pregnancy.
- Describe how trauma can impact a young person’s behavior and communication skills.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills between adults and teens about contraception, safer sex, and other sexuality issues.
Wednesday, January 30th, 2019, 8:30am-4:00pm
Cost: $200 (Discounts available to funded partners of the SCCTPTP)
Sign-in begins at 8:30 am and the session starts at 9:00 am.
Seating is limited.
Registration Deadline is January 23rd, 2018.