This is a closed onsite training. If you are interested in attending, please contact Training Coordinator Shannon Lindsay at firstname.lastname@example.org. To request an onsite training for your staff click here or check back for future open dates.
Providing care and support to teens to make healthy decisions can be a challenging job. This workshop is designed for teen-serving professionals to improve their communication skills in supporting adolescents’ healthy decisions. Every moment with a teen is precious; this workshop is designed to ensure those rare moments are positive encounters that have the most benefit for the teen. Never miss an opportunity – know the techniques that will have the biggest impact!
At the end of this session, participants will be able to:
- Describe the role of an Askable Adult.
- Describe reproductive biology in a teen-friendly way.
- Describe the link between brain development, hormones, physical maturation, sexual exploration, and teen pregnancy.
- Describe how trauma can impact a young person’s behavior and communication skills.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills between adults and teens about contraception, safer sex, and other sexuality issues.
Trainers: Dana Becker, M.Ed. and Shannon Lindsay, MA
Bradley Building, Room 121
Lancaster, SC 29720