Call for Presentations
Please read ALL information below before completing your submission form.
Over 300 individuals from communities across South Carolina and the nation attend the Summer Institute each year. Speaking to this unique group is a great opportunity to lead, be involved, and share your expertise in the field of teen pregnancy prevention/youth development.
Deadline for Submission
Information to consider before submitting application(s)
All submissions will be reviewed and evaluated by the Summer Institute Conference Committee. Proposals that best relate to the conference objectives and topic areas will be selected using the following criteria:
- Thoroughness of the subject matter and proposal
- Quality of learning objectives
- Level of interactivity and method of diverse teaching styles
- Quality of takeaway tools/strategies offered
- Appeal to a diverse and broad spectrum of attendees
- Timeliness of proposal submission
If the presentation has more than one presenter, you must identify the lead presenter. All correspondence for your presentation (if chosen) will be communicated to the lead presenter. It is the lead presenter's responsibility to disseminate information to any co-presenters.
Proposal must include:
- Completed proposal form
- Presentation title
- Presentation description (500 word max)
- Presentation outline with objectives, activities and times assigned
- Presenter contact information (lead and co-presenters)
- Conflict of Interest Form (lead and co-presenters)
- Terms and Conditions Form (lead and co-presenters)
- Presenter copyright agreement (lead and co-presenters)
- Completed W9 Form
PLEASE NOTE: Your application will not be reviewed for consideration until all applicable attachments have been received.
All proposals will be accepted/declined by the end of January 2018. Acceptance of a proposal is based on the content and the presenters named at the time of submission. Any changes to content or speakers must be conveyed to firstname.lastname@example.org in advance. The SC Campaign reserves the right to reassess the suitability, if changes are made.
Presenters seeking an honorarium are required to present a minimum of two different workshops or a Part 1 and Part 2 series (if you do not submit 2 different workshops or a Part 1 and Part 2 series, you must waive your honorarium. We will consider repeating workshops only in limited cases). All session blocks will be 1.5 hours. In appreciation for presenting a minimum of two workshops, the SC Campaign will provide the following for those selected to present at the conference.
- All presenters must register at the discounted rate of $100.
- In-state presenters will receive an honorarium of $500 total for 2 workshops.
- Out-of-state presenters will receive an honorarium of $1,000 total for 2 workshops.
- SC Campaign mini grant recipients are not eligible for honorarium if they present on a South Carolina Campaign to Prevent Teen Pregnancy funded project.
- Presenters are responsible for their own travel, accommodations, parking, handouts and other costs.
Other information to consider before submitting application(s)
- All proposals will be considered
- The lead presenter must submit each of the 2 workshops on separate forms in order to be considered for honorarium.
- Presenters may not sell any products or services during their presentation. Presentations should have an educational goal and should not include any promotional or marketing material. Please contact the SC Campaign for vendor/exhibitor information if interested in product sales.
- Use brevity in the submission of your proposal; presenters will need to prepare for approximately 45 participants per workshop.