Onsite Training FAQs
Q: What is onsite training?
A: SC Campaign staff and/or consultants will come to the location of your choice and deliver the desired training to your organization. Review the list of our available onsite trainings
Q: What are the benefits of hosting an onsite training?
- Get More for Your Money - With custom and on-site training, you get more for your training dollars: more choice, more control, and better results!
- More Choice - We can deliver to your team selected trainings from our Education and Training brochure or trainings customized to your organization's needs.
- More Control - It's up to you. With custom or on-site training, you get more control over workshop topics and structure, workshop location, size, audience and workshop schedule.
- Better Results - More choice and control lead to better results! Workshops can be held when it's most convenient for your team. Custom designed workshops can incorporate your special needs and requests. Custom-designed classes can focus on what's relevant to your organization and team.
Q: How many people do we need for an onsite training?
A: All of the available onsite trainings can be delivered for 10 or more people.
Q: What if you don't have 10 people on staff?
A: You have two options. You can either partner with another organization in your area to get a total of 10 or allow the SC Campaign to advertise the training to its network of programs.
Q: What happens if less than 10 people attend?
A: Your organization will be responsible for paying for 10 people whether or not they all attend.
Q: How do you request an onsite training?
A: Organizations requesting an onsite training must complete an Onsite Training Request Form.
Q: How much does an onsite training cost?
A: Training costs vary based on the number of participants attending, the cost of materials, length of training, travel and lodging, if necessary. NOTE: A non-refundable deposit will be due at the signing of the onsite training contract. The remaining cost will be due at the training.
Q: Can we get Continuing Education Units (CEU's) for onsite trainings?
A: The SC Campaign will provide CEUs for onsite trainings at the same fee charged for regular trainings: $10 per day/person.
Q: Will onsite trainings count as credit toward the Adolescent Pregnancy Prevention (APP) Certificate Program?
A: If the training has been identified as a required or elective course under the certificate program requirements, then the contact hours can be applied to the certificate program. View the course requirements for the APP Certificate Program.
Q: Once we complete the onsite training application, how soon can we expect a response from the Campaign?
A: When the SC Campaign receives your request, expect a response within 2-3 days to confirm your request. Upon confirmation of your request, the SC Campaign will need an additional 7 days to assess the availability of trainers, training fees and necessary resources. At this time, the SC Campaign will notify you to discuss the ability to fulfill your request.
Q: Once we have scheduled the onsite training, what is the next step?
A:The SC Campaign will:
- draft a memorandum of Agreement (MOA);
- provide trainers and other materials necessary for the training;
- assist with ordering curricula (curriculum trainings)
The Client will:
- provide detailed information about training content through application process;
- secure training location;
- work with SC Campaign staff on appropriate space and room set up;
- secure catering;
- secure audio visual equipment (can work with SC Campaign to provide if necessary);
- recruit and assure 10 or more participants will be attending the training (pay for at least 10 if quota not met);
- provide 72-hour guarantee (# of participants that will be attending);
- request and pay for CEUs (if desired);
- provide deposit and subsequent full payment for training within 30 days of completion, if not before;
- handle registration, sign-in or arrange with SC Campaign to handle;
- arrange trainer lodging (if overnight stay required)
Q: What if we have to cancel an onsite training?
A: The SC Campaign staff devotes a significant amount of time and resources to the preparation of onsite trainings, so it is critical that trainings occur as scheduled. In the event of a cancellation, the SC Campaign will follow the guidelines below:
- All onsite training fees are non-refundable if cancelled 7 days or less before the first day of the training.
- If the onsite training is cancelled 30 days or more before the scheduled date, fees are fully (100%) refundable.
- If the onsite training is cancelled 15 days or less before the scheduled date, 50% of fees will be refunded.
- Cancellation requests must be submitted in writing (via, email, fax or mail) to the SC Campaign office 30 days prior to the event to receive a full refund. The day of the training does not count as one (1) of the 30 days.
- The SC Campaign will issue a refund check within 30 days from the date of cancellation.
- In the event that your organization cancels an onsite training due to an emergency situation or catastrophic event, the SC Campaign will apply your money toward a future training. However, your organization must reschedule the training within 90 days to avoid the above cancellation fees.