Draw the Line / Respect the Line
Curriculum Source: www.etr.org
Main Message: Healthy sexual limits will keep youth safe from HIV, other STDs and unplanned pregnancy.
Target Population: Both genders in middle school from all racial backgrounds.
Length: Three year program (6th- 8th grade). Total of 19 lessons over 3 years; one hour for each lesson.
Program Size: Classroom
- Not having sexual intercourse is the healthiest sexual limit for students in middle school.
- Students can set sexual limits.
- Students can be motivated to maintain their limits.
- Students will encounter challenges to their limits.
- Students can overcome challenges to their limits.
- Students who respect the limits of others will be less coercive.
- Each student has unique needs.
- Condom use is essential protection for those who are sexually active.