Children’s Aid Society (CAS) –Carrera Program
Curriculum Source: www.stopteenpregnancy.com/contact/
Main Message: Program encouraged teens to think about the plan for their futures. One part of that message was that they should abstain from sex or use contraception consistently.
Target Population: At risk high school students between 13-15 years old.
Length:Three years; three hours per day year round.
Program Size: 50 participants; full time coordinator, part time employees and volunteers.
- Job Club
- Daily Academic Assistance
- Weekly information on sex and related topics based on students’ age and developmental level
- Performing arts workshops to build self confidence
- Individual sports
- Social worker provided weekly mental health and counseling
- Medical care provided off site arranged by program staff