Founded in 1994, the South Carolina Campaign to Prevent Teen Pregnancy works throughout the state of South Carolina, with the professional staff of nearly 180 organizations, to carry out its mission to improve the health and economic well-being of individuals, communities, and the state of South Carolina by preventing teen pregnancy. It takes a dedicated and committed group of individuals and team members to successfully complete the daily work and achieve the overall mission of the SC Campaign.
Public Relations Specialist
The Public Relations Specialist (PR Specialist) is responsible for creating and transforming ideas into written content relating to the marketing efforts of the organization and its subsidiaries and/or partners. The PR Specialist will work closely with personnel within and outside of the company (when necessary), to create content that has a singular voice through print and digital media. The PR Specialist will act as a supporting liaison to communicate and coordinate with media to further the brand visibility, mission and values to the public. The main responsibilities of this position are content creation and media relations support; however, the agency may assign other duties and responsibilities as the needs of the organization continue to evolve.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works with team to expand mission and brand awareness by connecting with local, state and national media as directed;
- Drives and supports content creation and development for the corporate and subsidiary website(s) and ensures brand integrity all projects;
- Works with team to write, and edit content including speeches, press releases, fact sheets, publications and brochures;
- Travels with team to gather stories of interest from partners and communities around the state;
- Supports team to conceive, develop and produce content for effective marketing campaigns;
- Creates and present ideas for generating new content;
- Collaborates with personnel within and outside the organization on fundraising ideas and strategies;
- Revises, edits, and proofreads content as needed or directed;
- Assists management with outside consultants involved with content development for the organization;
- Monitors and adjust content as needed;
- Researches partners and competitors to keep abreast of marketing/communications trends;
- Works in tandem with internal and external teams to coordinate social network properties including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.;
- Contributes to the SC Campaign’s blog, Personal Perspectives and e-newsletter, The Link;
- Any other duties and task as assigned or required based on the changing needs of the organization.
Submit resume and cover letter to:
ATTN Gwen Baker
Applications due by Friday, June 1, 2018 at 5 pm.