The Director of Finance is responsible for the strategic management of the SC Campaign’s $6 million annual budget and oversees a department with multiple functions (Payroll, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Financial Reporting, Federal and State Grant Management and Contract Administration, Benefits and HR Administration, etc.). He or She also provides leadership and coaching to SC Campaign leadership and department directors on budget/financial matters.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effectively leads and develops the Finance Department staff, and builds the baseline knowledge of non-financial staff members who have budget responsibilities.
- Participates as a member of the leadership team and as such, participates in decision-making processes of the organization including, but not limited to, financial decisions.
- Oversees and leads the annual budgeting process in conjunction with the CEO and COO; administers and reviews all financial plans and budgets; monitors progress and changes and keeps senior leadership abreast of the organization’s financial status.
- Is actively involved in preparation of all new grant budgets inclusive of staffing, indirect cost calculation, etc. Also helps monitor grant spending and makes recommendations for corrective action in a timely manner as necessary.
- Manages organizational cash flow and forecasting.
- Implements a robust grants and contracts management/reporting system; ensures appropriate sub-recipient monitoring and compliance of grantees.
- Effectively and clearly communicates with and presents financial data to the appropriate individuals, including but not limited to, the board of directors, senior leadership, grant leads, etc.
- Analyzes and presents financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; and oversees all financial, project/program and grants accounting.
- Oversees and leads the annual audit process, liaise with external auditors and the finance and audit committees of the board of directors; assess any changes necessary.
- In collaboration with the COO, conducts an annual review of all benefits including but not limited to, health insurance, 401(k), etc.
- Updates and implements all necessary business policies and accounting practices; improve the finance department’s overall policy and procedures manual.
The Director of Finance should possess a professional accounting designation (preferably CPA) from a recognized accounting program and have a minimum of five (5) years of related senior-level accounting and a minimum of three (3) years supervisory experience; have excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders; be a multi-tasker with the ability to wear many hats in a fast-paced environment; and should have the ability to translate financial concepts to – and to effectively collaborate with -- programmatic and fundraising colleagues who do not have a finance background. Public accounting experience is a plus.
Submit cover letter describing your interest, experience and salary requirements; your resume; and references via email to:
SC Campaign to Prevent Teen Pregnancy
Attn: Chief Operating Officer
Deadline: Open until filled
Submit all information listed above. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.